Medical Foot Care is the complete maintenance of the feet as the philosophy at Dr. El-Onsi is “the feet are the mirror of over-all health.”
Medical foot care is a very thorough cleaning of the feet and nails.
It is used as a prophylactic measure that includes, but is not limited to:
- Debridement of the affected nails (the removal of nail substance, partial or complete, when the presence of such structures is causing local pathology.) along with manual temporary reduction in the size or girth of any abnormal nail plate. It is performed by a skilled podiatrist most commonly without anesthesia to accomplish any or all of the following objectives:
- Relief of pain.
- Treatment of infection (bacterial, fungal, and viral).
- Temporary removal of an anatomic deformity such as onychauxis (thickened nail), or certain types of onyxhocryptosis (ingrown nail) and onychomycosis (fungus nail).
- The shaving, paring, or debridement of corns and calluses ( keratoma, tyloma or heloma).
- Other hygienic and preventative maintenance care in the realm of self-care, such as appropriate cleaning and soaking the feet, change of shoe habits/ lifestyle and the use of skin creams to maintain skin tone.
- Complementary unique soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that relieves stress on muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Dr El-Onsi will recommend a regular session for medical foot care, just like you go to the dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
Come and see for yourself the treatment and care that Dr El-Onsi can give to your feet – they will thank you for it.